- HOW CAN YOU OFFER THESE PACKAGES AT SUCH A LOW RATE?
We work hard to get the best prices for our clients. It helps that we do a lot of business with our suppliers, but in general Nicaraguans really want to please visitors and give them the best possible product for the cost. Although we are North Americans, we for sure live in that same tradition.
- WHAT ARE THE LATIN AMERICAN EXPEDITIONS LIKE?
Latin America Expeditions is about stepping outside of your daily life, and exploring the world around you. Our programs focus on cultural immersion, and making lasting connections along the way—easy in a country as authentic as Nicaragua, but made much more rewarding by the work of our expert guides, who are a bridge between Nicaragua’s rich culture and nature and our visitors.
- I HAVE SPECIAL MEAL REQUIREMENTS; CAN YOU ACCOMMODATE ME WHEN I’M ON TOUR?
We welcome vegetarians. Food allergies, needs or preferences shouldn’t keep you from an exciting Nicaraguan Vacation. Just notify us of any dietary restrictions at the time of booking and your Tour Director will be made aware of any allergies or dietary restrictions.
- DOES LATIN AMERICA EXPEDITIONS ACCOMMODATE PHYSICALLY CHALLENGED TRAVELERS?
We encourage the participation of physically challenged travelers, however the reality of some of the places we visit are easily not accessible to everyone. Latin America Expeditions can offer a dedicated travel assistant. Give us a call to talk to a Tour Consultant about any physical disabilities or limitations and how we can help.
- HOW MANY TRAVELERS ARE LATIN AMERICA EXPEDITIONS?
All groups are capped at 22 travelers or less. We have found that group size impacts interactions with local culture, access to remote natural landscapes, and enhances the overall ease and comfort of traveling with a smaller group. The industry standard uses large buses that seat of 47 travelers— Latin America Expeditions never exceeds 22 travelers.
- DO I NEED A PASSPORT TO ENTER NICARAGUA
Yes. Check your passport’s expiration date before you reserve your tour; for Nicaragua requires it to be valid for 6 months beyond your return date. For more details on obtaining or renewing a passport, please visit the U.S. Department of State at www.travel.state.gov.
- DO I NEED A VISA TO ENTER NICARAGUA?
United States citizens and Canadians do not need visas. When U.S. citizens enter Nicaragua, they will automatically receive a tourist visa of 30 to 90 days. The cost of this visa US$10.00 per visitor.
- WHAT IS THE WEATHER IN NICARAGUA LIKE?
The weather in Nicaragua is fantastic for most of the year. The "green season" is generally from May to October. A "rainy" day in that season may consist of 1-2 hours of rain in the afternoon, with sun and warm weather on either side. The rain is a welcome break from the heat, as daytime temps can get into the 90’s. November through February is ideal – nice temps and blue skies. April the month right before the rains of May start are the best for wildlife viewing or bird watching.
- WHAT TYPE OF ELECTRICAL OUTLETS ARE USED IN NICARAGUA?
Electrical outlets are 110 Volt, 60 Hz, same as the United States.
- DO YOU INCLUDE BREAKFAST IN THE PROGRAMS?
All full breakfasts are included on your tour. Many travelers enjoy exploring some local restaurants on their own free time. Your tour director will advise you about the popular restaurants, coffee shops, and specialized smoothie shops in the locals that you visit.
- WHAT IS THE EXCHANGE RATE FOR THE NICARAGUAN CURRENCY?
The currency exchange rate is approximately 28 Nicaragua Cordoba’s to 1 U.S. Dollar. (Click here for exact rate)
- ARE THERE ATM’S IN NICARAGUA?
Yes. ATM machines are available in the cities of Managua, Leon, San Juan del Sur, Granada, and Ometepe Island.
- WHAT TIPS ARE INCLUDED IN THE COST OF THE TOUR?
- Tips to local guides
- Tips to the children of San Jacinto
- Tips for the breakfast meals
- Tips given to the local artisans in San Juan de Oriente
- WHAT TIPS ARE NOT INCLUDED?
Tips to your tour leader and driver are not included, and are optional based on the client's satisfaction.
- ARE THER ANY ENOCULATIONS OR SHOTS THAT ARE REQUIRED TO ENTER NICARAGUA?
No. None are required for U.S or Canadian citizens.