Horseback Riding in Granada
Forget your Nicaragua travel guide book today.
For things to do in Nicaragua, why not come enjoy a horseback ride into the countryside of Granada with Painted Pony Horse Tours.
We will ride through the part of Granada, past the famous cemeteries, on our way to the unspoiled Nicaraguan countryside to the magnificent Laguna de Apoyo. Ride through some of the small hamlets and small villages. Along the way, you will be greeted by the local children and a welcoming “adios” from the local people the area. We will stop for cold bottle of water of a coke at a local typical country store called a pulperia.
We ride through the beautiful countryside and to the rim of an extinct volcano where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Laguna de Apoyo, one of the true gems of this country. Our morning tours are approximately three hours in length. Our evening tour is just over an hour.
On our late afternoon tour we ride through the beautiful countryside where you can enjoy a spectacular view of the Laguna de Apoyo at sun set, one of the true geological gems of this country. Our morning tours are approximately three hours in length.
Morning rides leave Granada Farm at 8:00 AM and will return about 11:30 to 12:00 Long pants and closed toed shoes are suggested as well as a hat and sunblock. This day tour is designed for beginning to intermediate riding skill levels.
Horseback Riding Tour Guidelines:
- Reservations are suggested
- Riders must have closed toe shoes
- Riders must be 18 and sign a waiver
- Younger Riders may be accepted when accompanied by a parent and by signing waiver
- Morning tour leaves at 8:00 am from the farm – located 6 minutes from the Granada Central park
- Afternoon tour leaves at 3:00 pm from the farm – located 6 minutes from the Granada Central park
- Maximum rider weight is 215 pounds
- We take a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 8 riders. Smaller groups ensure a more intimate riding experience
- Do bring a camera or video camera
- We do not provide helmets and you are required to complete a waiver prior to riding
- See Map for location to Painted Pony Farm
Please specify number of people in your Nicaragua party when requesting a price quote.